8 ways to make your home more valuable
Did you know that you could raise the value of your home exponentially by things that hardly cost you anything? Here are a few ways to help you raise the value of your home and to make your house quicker to sell.
- Make or update a home office: With a lot more people working from home, offices are becoming a requirement for a lot of homebuyers. Turn a den or an old office into a work sanctuary! Maybe some new windows, a fresh coat of paint or built in shelving, you're sure to reap in the rewards!!
- Redo the master suite: Master bedrooms are becoming a requirement for most home buyers. studies show that 33% more home buyers are more likely to buy a home if it has been renovated. "If you can work within the footprint of a house, you’re going to increase your return on investment." When buyers walk into a master bedroom, they want that cozy, open feeling with a big closet!
- Add a fireplace or two: It's a luxury, yes. but people want it. Not only does it look nice but it also lowers you electricity bill.
- Invest on a kitchen remodel: Having the same old kitchen in a 1977 house is most likely to stop a house from selling. If you have the yardage, extend your kitchen into the backyard. Size matters when it comes to kitchens. the bigger the better! It might be expensive, but it will be a wonderful investment. It could make the difference between being able to sell your house or not.
- Add some spark to the landscaping: You could add a fire pit, or block out a part of the yard for entertainment, and to have friends over. Plant colorful flowers and trees in the front of the house.
- Finish that basement already!: This is a great way to add a lot of value to your home. So, Not everyone has a basement in their home, but if you do, and it’s unfinished, Finnish it! It could even double the amount of living space that you have right now. That is really helpful for family buyers.
- Remodel that bathroom. Once again the most important is the master bath. You could create separate his-and-her areas with separate sinks, you could update the tile or even add a skylight for natural lighting.
- Re-paint your home. Pick a neutral color, and paint every wall the same color. (if you’re trying to sell that is) This is a clean palette that make people feel like they can start from when they’re picturing when buying the house.
Best of luck!!